Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Engine Fuse Box Wiring

calaisbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8, VN RB25DET, VT Calais
Hey, wondering if someone could post a Wiring diagram (Just what each colour wire goes to) for the 2 plugs that come out of the engine bay fuse box on a VN commodore...
I cant find one anywhere on the net.
thanks

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
I can't find the info but you need info on plug YE51 (the black plug) YE55 (Grey plug)
I have been scouring my pc's for days looking for this info (I know it's here somewhere but i can't find it and i'm swearing lots.... think it may have been on a couple of hdd's that crashed)

this pic is for the VR plugs (not what you're looking for unfortunately), hopefully someone else see's it and it jogs their memory and they can post the VN version.....

VR YE51 YE55 YB62.jpg

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
like this
2plugs.jpg

Last edited:

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
That looks about right markovr, except i've never seen all 6 spots populated on a vn wiring loom on YE51, one of the middle ones is spare.

just looked at a couple of looms i have here, Alternator & Alternator Charge light don't seem to populate either of the plugs.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I think early vns didnt use a separate plug for the alternator wiring so they used the spare space in both connectors ....I have a 88 vn and it uses all the spaces and my old 92 vp doesnt and has the extra wires in another plug and also a extra fusible link wired straight from the battery terminal to feed the alternator.
I was using a early vn manual for the diagram.

Last edited: