Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Heater and Fan Controls

B

baryscommodore

Indy_387 said:
You will probably find that air only coming out of the footwells in a disconnected vacuum lead.

i had the same problem when i installed my sterio, i found out afta afew smokes what the problem was, one of the pipes fell out. when you install a sterio in a you need to take out the fan controller thingy, n you need to take out all the connectors behind it plus unscrewing a screw which connects to a a metal pipe thing which goes all the way at the back. anyway around there should be afew black pipes which go to the fan controller which connects at the top. where the metal thing goes at the back where the black pipes are it might of fell out there, thats how i got mine fixed. sorry lol i cant explain it properly but i hope it helped lolz

J

jc_VN

Fan Controls

Hey Baryscommodore.....

How did u get that problem fixed......it sounds like the exact same problem im having......even happened while installing stereo equipment.

Cheers

newo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Take the front panel off where the radio and heater switches are (I think it is called the eustacheon or something). Then, take out the heater dials. On the dial which selects feet, face, where the wind blows etc, there is a little 5 hosed plug behind it. Make sure it is on the right way, and the hoses are pushed properly into the plug. Also make sure the plug is not half way on, but push it as far as it will go (the plug can only go on one way anyway)

As for the speed switch, I wasn't aware of the resistor. But check your plugs for correct connection, make sure they are fully connected, and also have a look at wiring for broken wires, disconnected wires etc. Also, perhaps a bit of contact cleaner wouldn't go astray in the switch.

With the heat selector dial, it has a steel rod connected to it. The steel rod connects to a clip, which is hinged. Turn the dial all the way to the right (Hot) and push this clip (white, and looks a little like a trigger) all the way to the front of the car. Then connect the rod. Try the dial. When you turn it to cold, the rod should pull this 'trigger' towards the rear of the car, opening the vent fully.