Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN stereo head unit install wiring

gusto45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
Thanks to Darren, for his detailed tutorial and wiring diagram were very helpful, I have just finished my first install of a JVC KD-615 in my 1991 Commodore VN. It was a pretty big job (for me, having never done it before...more arkward than anything..)

I had a couple of wiring problems, and just wanted to share with other users incase they come accross it. According to darren's wiring spreadsheet the orange/white cable is Battery 12V, and the red/yellow is the constant 12V. In my car the Red/yellow had no voltage on it, i tested it with the light switch and dimmer control and ignition. So i dunno but no voltage, whereas the orange/white had a constant 12V, so i used that for my constant. Everything else seemed right. I was freaking out a bit there because i was getting no power. I also could not find a dimmer cable in mine, I had no brown/white cable. And what could the yellow/red be for? perhaps it is disconneted somewhere along the line. Anyway it is all working now! hope this helps someone as it would have me!

c ya,
Gus

seabs

Reaction score
Website
seabrook.homemail.com.au
Members Ride
Gen F R8 SV
with the electric aerial, will you have to rewire anything when you put in a new head deck? (i.e will the buttons on the dash still make it go up and down?)

D

dakota051005

who to enter code in to eurovox vt modle please
daryl