Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN T5 into VS

vsslpr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 1
Was the vn gearbox out of a s1 or s2? Ive been looking for info on this too since i read this thread- im confused because you hear ppl all the time fitting an older box to the vs but there is actually a photo to suggest otherwise up here??? you cant argue with that but are all the ppl saying the older boxes do fit wrong?? is urs a s2 or later vs? I have a s1 and looking to do a t5 conversion...

holden300kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
well i have a vn t5, unsure if s1 or 2 but iv bolted it up to a manual ecotec vs with flywheel to suit, worked fine and again with an auto ecotec vs. maybe the difference is between s1 and 2 varients?

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Like I've said in the past, I can only speak fr actually installing them. Have never had issues with earlier Vn gearboxes not fitting vs.. my own car has had 3 different gearboxes and crossmembers on it now and they have all fitted.

Nigel05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Berlin a wagon 5.0
Just wonderingif anyone knows if a turbo 700 crossmember from my vr wagon will work with the t5 I am installing all the bolts line up but the box seems a bit high in trans tunnel