Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN t5 rare box

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
Hi all i have a bit of a question, my old VN v8 that has been sold off the bloke is putting a new box in it and has now come across it to have a rare t5 in it, now i have worked on many t5 and never come across this the bolt patten to the bellhouse is way up the sh*t this is the new box he ha got

Holden Commodore VR VS V8 T5 Gearbox Reco Exchange (eBay item 230554470906 end time 24-Dec-10 12:09:49 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

and this is the one he need's

Holden SS V8 VN/ VP Commodore T5 Gearbox Reco Exchange (eBay item 330395358372 end time 10-Jan-11 04:27:39 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

has anyone come across this before???

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
v6 and v8 is different like that and ford

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
Yer i no v6 and v8 are different as are Holden to ford t5 are but they are both v8 t5 gearbox for the vn's there were fitted to some vn ss, the car was a special order from Holden as i no the bloke that got it new, it is a v8, 5 speed, fe2, long range tank Berlina, form what i have found they are stronger box, they are not a t5g as in the walkinsharw's the problem is now the bellhousing he has is not going to fit as the box he got is just the normal t5

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
top link is a v6 casing stud patturn bottom link is stock v8 pattern

shifty6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 5spd
my v8 t5 looks the same as the one in the second pic.
but yes im pretty sure they only came out on the VN, most v8 t5s look like the one from the first pic.
have heard that the wider style boxes are better for some reason but can't remember why and really theyre probably the same internally.