Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn temp sensor

ice_cold17

Ice Cold
Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Executive S2
can anyone tell me where the temperature sensor is on a stock 91 S2 vn executive? if possible a pic of its location would be great

VNVacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Vacationer
Which temperature sensor are you after. The V6 has two water ones and and air temp sensor. They are all located next to each other toward the rear of the intake manifold.

The lower one is the coolant temperature sensor, the other two are just above this with the one toward the centre of the engine being the temperature guage sender, and the outer one is the manifold air temperature sensor.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Which temperature sensor are you after. The V6 has two water ones and and air temp sensor. They are all located next to each other toward the rear of the intake manifold.

The lower one is the coolant temperature sensor, the other two are just above this with the one toward the centre of the engine being the temperature guage sender, and the outer one is the manifold air temperature sensor.

Thats S1, The OP is asking about the S2 motor, which is on the front from memory..

ice_cold17

Ice Cold
Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Executive S2
i need the one that sends to the guage,im disconnecting the original guage so i can put a sport one in

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Underneath the alternator, which you'll have to remove the fanbelt and rotate the alternator out of the way. As you look at the sensors from the front of the engine, the left one is the temp guage sender (has a spade connection) and the right one which is the coolant temp sensor (has a clip on connector, like an injector or the back of the alternator)

ice_cold17

Ice Cold
Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Executive S2
ahhh ok,well then what would ur opinions be on disconnecting it,should i just remove that guage from the instrument panel or clip the wires at the sender? coz the new guage will sit in a pod and im bolting it to the roof of the cluster where the old guage is now,but the new guage has a piece that u put in the middle of a coolant hose and then attach the guage wire to that for the temperature if that makes sense?