Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 best way to increase performace for p platers

Stock_Vn_Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
I had a mad idea while i was having morning smoko, what would be the best way to increase performance in a stock vn that is still legal for p-platers, my first thought was, high flow injectors, larger fuel pump and a cold air intake upgrade, any more ideas?
Cheers

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
wow! what a fantastic and new idea you have had. amazing. weird that no one has ever though of modifying they commodore while still keeping it legal for p-platers.

good for you, good for you ;)

Attachments

• reoretard.jpg
    reoretard.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 373

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Put a spud in your exhaust...Rev it up, the spud won't let the gasses out so it will build up pressure, when you finally blow the spud out, your mang mang V6 VN will rear up like a drag car and do 0-100 in 4 seconds.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
wow! what a fantastic and new idea you have had. amazing. weird that no one has ever though of modifying they commodore while still keeping it legal for p-platers.

good for you, good for you ;)

I see you had your morning cup of sarcasm this morning ari....

To the OP, do a bit of a search, I'm sure you will find one or two or 500 threads on this very subject.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I had a mad idea while i was having morning smoko, what would be the best way to increase performance in a stock vn that is still legal for p-platers, my first thought was, high flow injectors, larger fuel pump and a cold air intake upgrade, any more ideas?
Cheers

Increase or decrease performance? Most of that will make your car slower and still be illegal for P platers in Vic.

Reaper

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I saw on another thread like this that changing the diff ratio can increase acceleration and therefore perceived power since the factory one is very tall.

That would be legal for a p plater wouldn't it?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Just put Metho in your fuel tank, that will also make it run like a rocket.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I saw on another thread like this that changing the diff ratio can increase acceleration and therefore perceived power since the factory one is very tall.

That would be legal for a p plater wouldn't it?

The regulations are very grey on these kind of things but I think you would definitely get away with it. Diff gears and LSD are good mods for p-platers

Stock_Vn_Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Berlina
Some of these ideas cheers :p as for ari cheers prick ;) some of us don't have a pile of money and i just wanted to get a rough idea of what i could do for some sort of budget and im sure there are others like me that want a little bit of bang for our buck bwfore we can play with decent cars