Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v6 commo

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hi all wondering if some1 has a wireing diagram for gas set up on a vn v6 commodore on duel/fuel?I started it up yesterday no worries drove it over the road then turn it off went back half an hour later it started first pop then cutout cant even get it goin on gas.I noticed the fuel pump isn,t cutin in or the gas saftey valves help.I no its not the crank angle sencor?thanks in advance.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
VN was never fitted with a factory LPG system so there won't be a wiring diagram. How it is wired will be down to who ever installed the system.

If the LPG is flowing, the only thing that will stop the car is the CAS (or less likely DFI or associated wiring). A hard start may occur if the petrol system is relied upon for starting and it's not working.

I have had a similar problem which was the fuel changeover switch.

Beyond that, start with a check of the fuses and fusible links, under bonnet and under dash ('cos it's easy to do) then check for spark.

The LPG will have some means of stopping the flow of gas without the engine running. Often the fuel pump circuit is used for that purpose - if it fails neither fuel system will work.

cruza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
does anyi no how to test the change over switch for duel/fuel and also can i buypass the change over switch just to get it going??wire colour going to changeover switch are blue,brown,red, violet.can some1 help/thanks in advance.