Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn V6 Twin Throttle Body's

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Hey guys, i've done a search on VN V6 Twin T/Bs and i cant find anything on it, well i have a couple of spare manifolds, so i was going to cop off the top and get a plate from ebay, for $60 with holes cut already, and meld it on, has any1 done this on here if you could get pictures it would be great i wanna have a play with it lol, how much gain would be made, the car will be modded with cam headwork probley put it on for the track or something might not be a good idea for a daily lol, any info is great thanx

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
when your increasing port size, cam profiles, etc... then it will make good power but on a stocker you will notice the throttle response more than anything..

what mods have you got at the moment??

go a tune, exhaust, cai, servo, diff gears first up

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Thought it would just use more fuel in a v6 and maybe better throttle response

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
ATM i have VS S/C CAI, Foam tune, pacemaker extractors, 2.5mandrel bent exhaust,
Future mods, wade 992acam possible port heads and shaved, manual convertion, the thing is i have 2 spare manifolds and want to have a play has any1 on here got pictures of this setup, i seen a vn on youtube with them and he made them up himself.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
can you Weld (not meld) alloy?

my thoughts...
Dangertomanifold.jpg

intake manifold isnt the problem on the ol v6 heads need work, it is a idea but yeah id do heads first

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
buick manifolds do have a distribution issue, it was one of the reasons that holden fitted the bellmouth into the s2 engines. apparently the rear cylinder on each bank can run a little lean. running 2 TB's on top of the plenum would solve these issues. what i have noted with runing just a single 70mm TB (i now run a modified 65mm V8 TB) is that the throttle becomes very touchy, i'd hate to think what it would be like with 2 50mm TB's on top.

it has been done, there is one guy on this site with some decent picks of his setup. can't remember his use r name unfortunatly

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
That would of been my thread ide say the one with the bugcatchers and twin and tripple throttlebodys but stuffed if I can find it might have been pre-crash when we lost all them threads not sure.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
there is a guy in aussie with a VN with twin TB's on top of the manifold. he does a few burnout comps as well. he's on street commodores site as well