Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN vs VT

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Just wondering what would win a drag. my mate has a stock vt and i have a stock vn. I was also wondering if my 5sp manual vn would rip a auto vn. mine is a 5speed manual and it seems to go alot better then the autos.

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
to be honest i wouldnt know exactly but im gonna say the vn would beat the vt ive got a vp and ive eatin all of them, as for the manual v's auto i got an auto with stage 2 and unless you can change a gear as quick as an auto then you will, but otherwise the autos got you every time

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
The time difference between a VN manual and a VN auto depends on the driver. Someone who doesn't know how to drive a manual would be a lot slower than the auto where they can just mash the accelerator. If they know how to launch and change properly the manual just beats the auto.

As for the VN vs VT. In V6 form, the VN monsters the VT.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Well ive talked to alot of machanics and stuff and they all call autos sludge boxers. i was just wondering if it was true.

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
well ive just had my auto fully rebuilt and it hammers with a nice oil cooler the transmision is one of the best because its hydraulic not electric so i be talking to actual trans mech they no for sure , thats not to say a manual isnt good cause in its own right its got it s advantages

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
The Vn should munch the VT easily, mine did about a month ago when my mate had one of his dads VT, shouldnt have a problem in an auto, but with the manual, if you cant launch or shift efficiently, the VT will probably win

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
we had a thread a few weeks ago about this exact topic. it was a few pages long, and i think it was called "can a vt beat a vn". go find it.

now to answer youre questions. based on info i have seen in other threads -
1. VN will beat a VT easily
2. In a drag, the auto will be quicker

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
sweet now i no that a vn will beat a vt i can finally shut my mate up about his vt. i'll smoke him.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
trust me. it wont shut him up. there are so many people that think that just cause their car is newer it is faster.