Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

voice in on startup

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
everytime i start the vy after about 5 second i get those 3 beeps through the stereo and "voice in" flashes on the trip computer window (on the instrument cluster). its really starting to P!$$ me off. does anyone know how to stop this? i tried (as suggested in a thread from about three years ago on the subject) removing the plug from the panel with 2 screws that sits behind the glovebox and that didnt seem to work. i noticed my phone plug has been cut, but i dont think its shorting out on anything as its wedged between the carpet and the plastic centre console. would appreciate any suggestions before i go f#$%@!* insane from hearing those 3 beeps everytime i start the car. cheers

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
actually, it might be 6 beeps.......way too many beeps either way.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Can you see the end of the plug? To be honest, the Holden stereo can't beep like that. But an aftermarket Bluetooth kit plugged in and searching on start up can. My first thought is that if you look at that plug you will find a little black box attacked to it.

vyhbdcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 HBD Calais 5.7 & JH CDX Cruze
Mine does the same but it also beeps 5 times on shutdown. Have you got Holden assist telematics? I have which is not currently active & I have read somewhere that this could be the cause. My S2 Calais also had a phone kit installed at one stage which has been removed.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
I'd suggest the same for you mate. Have you confirmed the black box has been disconnected? Often the dealer cuts the mic and removes any control pads but they just cut the wires and tuck them back in.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
well, i did notice there was a nokia phone plug as well as the factory cable stuffed down the side of the console. and also in the fuse compartment there is some sort of round sender unit floating around loose (maybee thats a bluetooth unit?) as well as a hands free mic attached to the door frame trim (driver side) so im pretty sure some sort of aftermarket kit has been installed.
now, with the plug i am talking about behind the glovebox compartment, the plug goes into a socket which is black (but just a female plug i think from memory) , but if i undo the two screws of the panel that its attached to and slide out the box behind, that box is a grey colour. and i cant quite get it out due to lack of space (maybee i could force it, but didnt want to try until i got more information). im unsure if the grey box is attached to anything on the back end, but it didnt seem like it was the way it was moving around after i unscrewed it. it sux when people install aftermarket stuff like this. it always causes some problem or another. at least its not as serious as an aftermarket car alarm playing funny buggers i guess. i'll have another look at it all later this afternoon. i cant at the moment. gotta shoot off to a job interview. thanks for the ideas so far. part way there :)

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
how do i tell if i have holden assist telematics? i'm not really sure if i have. the car is pretty new to me.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Just unplug it.... you won't damage anything. Post a photo if you feel better about it first.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
dunno what i been smoking but this voice in thing only beeps ONCE. sorry guys
anyway. i took some photos but the site wont seem to let me download them from my computer. it wants me to download them from a URL. wtf? ???? why???, and how????

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
can anyone give me any pointers on how to download photos or get them on to a URL please?