Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Voice/Sound Recording... Whats the law?

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Every Coles Express Service Station records video and voice of EVERYTHING that goes on at the counter.

And if you catch a cab they recored it aswell dont they?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Every Coles Express Service Station records video and voice of EVERYTHING that goes on at the counter.

Yeah so do Mobil Quix servo's which is where I work.

I was having a er..explicit..conversation about Paris Hilton with the guy from the bottle-o across the road from work the other night (like 1am) and I was given a Record of Conversation for what was said. The customer was also told off believe it or not. But there was nobody else in the store so I fail to see the harm.

I can understand them recording audio for robbery/hold up situations but now that I know they listen to my conversations with customers without my consent (nor the customers), I think it is being misused.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
^^^ Thats taking it a bit far... BB08, Mobil.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Yeah so do Mobil Quix servo's which is where I work.

I was having a er..explicit..conversation about Paris Hilton with the guy from the bottle-o across the road from work the other night (like 1am) and I was given a Record of Conversation for what was said. The customer was also told off believe it or not. But there was nobody else in the store so I fail to see the harm.

I can understand them recording audio for robbery/hold up situations but now that I know they listen to my conversations with customers without my consent (nor the customers), I think it is being misused.

I'd get in contact with a lawyer. Sounds like you have a case there hey.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
it was my understanding that for something to be used as evidence it has to be either court ordered, ie. anything obtained with a warrent, or, consented goods. Ie. personal testification.

As far as i am aware, they need to inform you that your conversations are being recorded. Just like Video footage, if it wasnt an issue, why does EVERY phone call center inform you of possible recordings.

However, as said, consult a qualified legal advisor.

aZk.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
it was my understanding that for something to be used as evidence it has to be either court ordered, ie. anything obtained with a warrent, or, consented goods. Ie. personal testification.

As far as i am aware, they need to inform you that your conversations are being recorded. Just like Video footage, if it wasnt an issue, why does EVERY phone call center inform you of possible recordings.

However, as said, consult a qualified legal advisor.

aZk.

Remember a case a while ago where someone was stealing from the till. Manager put a camera in and the person won in court because they weren't advised they were being recorded. When I worked in retail I never stole anything or did anything wrong so it didn't worry me. I wasn't taped audibly though. That's bull****.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You'll find there is notice to all customers somewhere at every servo. Although I agree, it should only be reviewed in the even of a robbery or something. Ours was only used to try and work out drive offs and for the one hold up that happened when I worked there.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
My girlfriend works in safeway as a floor supervisor. Her boss told her hes been watching the survelience cameras and she does not work hard enough. The other stuff this boss has done was bought it in another thread, but hes just a young bloke high on his little power. But i cannot see how he is allowed to use store survelience to black mail workers into working harder then they already do. He also said: "Remeber I'll always be watching". Hes the biggest tosser and has everyone scared. POWER TRIP.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
My girlfriend works in safeway as a floor supervisor. Her boss told her hes been watching the survelience cameras and she does not work hard enough. The other stuff this boss has done was bought it in another thread, but hes just a young bloke high on his little power. But i cannot see how he is allowed to use store survelience to black mail workers into working harder then they already do. He also said: "Remeber I'll always be watching". Hes the biggest tosser and has everyone scared. POWER TRIP.

so hes admitted that he spends all his time at work watching tv/cameras. report him to higher management for not doing his job :D