Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vote for our mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I think the time has come for JC users to express their opinions on certain moderators. Most of you are great, and do an awesome job, but there is one that just seems to do no work, give bad advice, and only moderate very few threads, one being his own.
certain moderator had a sook about a comment about his car and decided to leave me a warning. thats good moderating skills there :whistling
can we have a vote please, on whether certain mods are actually beneficial to the site, and if we can have them replaced with someone that will actually do the job well?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah well im annoyed. apparently being a mod means noone can criticise your car. apparently he can bag my car saying my chargers crap, and my cars slow, but i make a less than subtle comment, and im threatened with a banning and given an infraction.
no **** that. he can do the job properly or step down like people have done in the past

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
if it turns into a slanging match it will be closed
everyone can have their opinion but sometimes its best to do it threw the right channels and emails the boss of ya not happy or another mod
but i kwow what ya mean stocky

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Im with mike on this one....

The mods are here to keep the site clean and provide great advice with cars.

To become a mod you (used) to have to provide a lot to the site and be a useful asset... now, you just have to be an arse and remove ANYTHING that doesnt fit with the mod nazi way.

The CSP issue is one thing... dealt with poorly... but the other thread i read with hightek... now, i love hightek..dont get me wrong... my site with them is up 99% and ive never had isues with em... top job. However... the crap where minux decided to remove all rights for people to comment, winge complain etc... thats bull ****... its a public forum..

if someone doesnt like the hosters then they can winge... thats their opinion... personally, it shouldnt be made public discussion... an outages should be posted in locked threads. simple. dont leave it open to begin with...

but over moderation is an issue on here...

I agree that mods should be peer elected... Everyone says that "this site is free, suck it up blah blah blah..." yeah wicked, but without the people the site is jsut that... a forum... a forum is made of members which need to be happy... which some arnt...

clearly.

aZk.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
that hightek thread was getting a bit out of hand though. there were some valid comments, but the points had been made and it was obvious the only solution was gonna be more RAM on the server. not much our complaints could do about it. it did seem to get a few more people donating too which was a benefit of that thread. it was closed at a decent time

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
i agree with you stocky. Its time to vote out mods

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
id love a vote. some people need to be knocked down a peg or two. It would also be great to show some support to the mods that do help out often.

Status
Not open for further replies.