Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP aircon removal

X

Xenogenesis

I have an old un-roadworthy VP with a blown gearbox etc
So takeing it to a professional to get the aircon compressor removed isnt an option, seeing as i have no aircon in my VS and my VP is just sitting there collecting dust, spiders and rats, i'd like some info on how to safely disconnect/remove it without getting a compressed gas shot in the face.
any help would be thanked alot.
:)

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
There is no way of recovering the refrigerant without the right equipment.

To be safe, why don't you get a professional to just recover the gas? They shouldn't charge too much. That way you can safely remove everything and swap it into the other car, then call 'em back to recharge it for you.

X

Xenogenesis

clixanup said:
There is no way of recovering the refrigerant without the right equipment.

To be safe, why don't you get a professional to just recover the gas? They shouldn't charge too much. That way you can safely remove everything and swap it into the other car, then call 'em back to recharge it for you.
like i said, car it unroadworthy and not going anywhere fast, i live at least 40km from any airconditioning workshop so, like i said, its either do it myself, or let a perfectly good compressor/condenser go to waist and set me back a few bob

P

pat

just crack one of the fittings and let the gas slowly blow out. dont worry about the enviroment (if thats what you mean by safely)its the same as 25 cars running for a year or something not much really, hell we'll all be dead by the time the earth melts. oh and some people say its cancer causeing and some people say it isn't so get one of your kids to crack that fitting just to be safe.

Indy_387

Reaction score
Im with clixanup on this one... let a professional do it or don't do it at all.