Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Calais door moulds, or remove sikaflex and repaint doors

What to do

• Calais Moulds

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Repaint and have nothing

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Hey all

Im not sure what to do, im prepared to do either to the doors, But not sure which one.

Put on calais moulds.. Or remove all the sikaflex and then get them repainted (I removed the exec. trolley strips)

207918_10150137865789243_552394242_6470971_7178741_n.jpg

WNTDVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato & Evo VII.
If you're going to put calais moulds on, ensure you also modify some wheel spats to suit or else it'll look shocking.

I personally think you should just get hold of a chrome trolley strip like the berlina's have and stick with that. I really don't like the look of mouldless doors on cars which came with them from factory, unless the car is a full build (think STOWLN since the rest of the car has been done properly and therefore it doesn't look so bad).

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ive got calais moulds and spat, well, berlina moulds to be exact.. But the spats wont fit with my current wheels.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
WTF

Have you got calais or berlina ones? Calais ones wont line properly theyre useless unless you got a calais with spats.

Just use berlina ones and be done with it. Either that or run no moulds at all both look better thaan calais

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
WTF

Have you got calais or berlina ones? Calais ones wont line properly theyre useless unless you got a calais with spats.

Just use berlina ones and be done with it. Either that or run no moulds at all both look better thaan calais

Ive got berlina ones and calais spats. But the spats wont fit with the current wheels, so its either a VL diff or different offset wheels...

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
won't it look a bit dicky without door moulds, considering the same design is pressed into the front and rear bars? (just thinking out loud here). I had the vp calais - but from memory, those bits don't come off the bars - my thinking is it should either be all smooth or all moulded (moulded in this case, unless you want custom work done on the bars).

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure, Ive seen it done nicely..

I had a third thought today... VS Berlina (Saw one today and thought they would be good) on it...