Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Commodore Central Locking problems

S

ssg3000

Gday all,
Trying to sort out a strange problem with my Toyota Lexcen VXi (Rebadged Holden Commodore VP Berlina). It has original Central locking with remote. The problem is that it opens the drivers side door when i press the button to open or lock, and recently intermittantly stopped working with the other 3 doors :-( which is a bit of a pain. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to sort this problem without tearing my whole car apart. It seems to me like maybe a faulty connection. Has anyone here had anything similar hapen to them?

Thanks
Mark. :confused:

Indy_387

Reaction score
Hi Mark, I had a similar problem several months ago, where my 2 rear doors would not lock (or unlock.) Turns out that after 15 years the actuators had just packed up & needed to be replaced. It worked out cheaper for me to replace the entire system with an aftermarket kit instead of replacing just the 2 with genuine Holden parts.

At the same time, my original Calais alarm system packed up, so I ended up having that replaced with a Cyclops system & having that hooked into the central locking.

All in all + labour it cost just over $600.

However, your problem might be an easy fix, but remember, 15 years is a fairly good life for a central locking system!

DUMPD_VP_CALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
i had the same, intermittent problem with one of my doors - turned out to be the actuator.

B

bleedwards

Found out accidently that disconnecting then reconnecting the battery fixed a not locking with remote problem. Apparently this must have reset the computer somehow and all is well. This was after two RACV visits and dealer enquiries! Several associated minor faults were eliminated also. The accident was a flat battery! The results were dramatic! Hopes this helps someone else!