Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Gearbox issues

timbra_88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 5ltr
Short Lived

Well it looks like my relief was short lived. Took the car up the road again today and found that its back to its old habbits of not goin into 3rd and all that crap. I think im just gonna bite the bullet and go get one from the wreckers. They have one there for $450, tested serviced, warranty. Probly the better way to go...

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
timbra_88 said:
Well it looks like my relief was short lived. Took the car up the road again today and found that its back to its old habbits of not goin into 3rd and all that crap. I think im just gonna bite the bullet and go get one from the wreckers. They have one there for $450, tested serviced, warranty. Probly the better way to go...

not so they cant guarantee how many kms it has done so i personally would rebuild my own box since you know what you have done to the car it might cost you but it is worth it. Your tvc cable may even be getting stuck

aj n drew

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 5sp
hey guys can i put my vn v6 5sp manual in my vt

vpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 5.0 litre
Guys,
Anyone know how big a job it is to rebuild a T700? Mine has crapped itself and i wouldn't mind doing the rebuild myself. I have rebuilt engines and manual boxes but am a bit scared of them flamin auto's
Cheers.........................Pete!

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Guys,
Anyone know how big a job it is to rebuild a T700? Mine has crapped itself and i wouldn't mind doing the rebuild myself. I have rebuilt engines and manual boxes but am a bit scared of them flamin auto's
Cheers.........................Pete!

From what I know rebuilding an auto box is a lot more difficult than a manual one.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nah auto is easier than manual need a few tools really but you can get by at a pinch some of the clips you need to get out the clutchs are under pressure and are easier to do with a proper compressor.look on youtube theres teardown vids on there for the t700 and 4l60e