Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Idles Fine - but dies on acceleration

H

h8itear

Great site BTW.
I have a VP Wagon(lexcen) 92 140,000kms The car idles fine but on quick accelleration dies! Revs with a squirt of aerostart!!
On slow acceleration the revs build successfully - throttle position sensor ok.
Its not showing any fault codes - more on this later.
Fuel pressure is right on the mark (pressure tested) - fuel regulator functioning.
Tried new MAP sensor. New water temp sensor.
As for Fault lamp in dash - lamp is working but not showing any faults (only 12) even after disconnecting MAP sensor and/or temp sensor while running.
Could my ECU be dead/dying?
If so any idea on price/availability on these? - I live in Melbourne.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

R

rimz81

coil problems?

Have you checked the 3 ignition coils.sounds like some sort of secondary ignition problem.

H

h8itear

rimz81 said:
Have you checked the 3 ignition coils.sounds like some sort of secondary ignition problem.
Thanks for your reply!
We checked spark consistency through a timing light, and also checked injector pulse.
We have narrowed it down to a fuel issue, specifically a lean out at open throttle.
I've got a feeling its the ECU as no fault codes are displayed even if I intentionally create a fault.
I'm still at it this morning - It aint gonna beat me!!! :b:

H

h8itear

Found the problem!!

Thanks for your reply.
The problem was the ECU, I got hold of a changeover for $170.00 - running better than before.
:D