Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp starting problems

D

driver

hi anyone know why my v6 is difficult to start it always starts on the third turn of the key
I suspect it isn't giving enough fuell
maybe intake sensor I think I shouldn't guess so anyone who has experienced the same prob let me know

M

MavVP

when does it do this, is it only when you first start it or is it everytime?
Start with the simpler things first try some injector cleaner and see if that helps, if it does more than likely your injectors are blocked. Also when you turn the key to accessories do you hear the fuel pump start, the pump may be on the way out if you only hear it everynow and then.

Pull one ouf your spark plugs and see if they need changing, you may have dirty contacts and not getting any spark.

Hope this helps
:wave:

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i remember when i changed the coilpack(s) on my VN (you have 3 pairs on your VP) it started first time every time.

that was nice but if that's the only problem then it may be cheaper to live with the delay.

C

craigillz

hey my car was like that n i brought a new fan belt for it now it starts first turn over

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
injector leak??
throttle body needs cleaning??
could be anything might even be a stuffed battery who knows lol

DUMPD_VP_CALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
when you start it, what colour smoke comes out?
When does it hard start (cold/warm engine), or does it do it always?
smell your engine oil dipstick, does it smell of fuel?

D

driver

yes it does it all the time

yeah your on the ball
it smells of unburnt fuel
i

DUMPD_VP_CALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
most probably be injector leakdown. where do u live, i got VN injectors (they work on a VP) and i used them to check if the car stil hard started once i chnaged the injectors. otherwise go to the wreckers and get a second hand set...

D

driver

yeah I think it is the injectors leaking frigin only getting 100km from 20$ of fuel I live in carlingford sydney I was bidding on ebay for some injectors but was out bidded anyone know if they are serviceable what do i have to do to get them fixed are they ldamaged or just clogged up
thanks Bro