Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 5.0L Code 22 Recurring

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Then you have the wrong tps or lost the plastic adaptor dleavr off the shaft or not pre loaded the tps when fitting it

D

Dean1985

Then you have the wrong tps or lost the plastic adaptor dleavr off the shaft or not pre loaded the tps when fitting it
The sleeve is 100% there.
The only way to fit the tps is by putting it on at and angle then turning to line up the screw holes.
Reference voltages are all correct when testing.
Intermittently it will drop below .2 for % seconds and set off the MIL.
In addition it occurrs with a known working throttle body for another car (those sensors in place).
My throttle body (original sensor)
My throttle body (new sensor).
If it was wrong, itd be wrong all the time?

D

Dean1985

Guys.
Big day. I think some success to speak of.

When we were working on a no spark issue after the cam install and i replaced the earth connection at the back of the head as it was only attachdd by half the wires. It was due to harness pulling on the connection. I believed it was a clean earth location where i placed the earth after repair (passenger head lift plate).

I heeded the info from the initial comments on this post (thanks guys) and checked the earths even though i thought they were good and new. I pulled the lift bracked off and hit the bolt holes on the linisher on both sides. Gave the head a hit with sandpaper. Cleaned up washers on the bolt and reinstalled.

I have since driven for 40 minutes with no light . Im cautiously optimistic.

Considering the light was coming on due to a .1v variation it makes sense.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
*cough cough* do a burnout to celebrate

Most of the time it's usually a simple fix which can be easily overlooked when frustration kicks in & cbf'd looking at car anymore...tbh I thought if it wasn't earth issue it would be stretched/damaged wiring in harness or at tps/ecu plugs.

I take lift plate off my cars...more room to get your hands at rear of engine & can see much better also looks neater.For similar reasons like to fit vs v6 thermofan to 5 litre commodores.

D

Dean1985

Thanks heaps for your help gtrboyy and everyone else.

Will drive again today and see what happens i guess.

I am enjoying the smoother up shifting and down shifting. I always thought it was just because the box was built a bit stronger.