Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR ACCLAIM or a better type of VR

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
The VT would have been for $12,000. The seller may have missed the extra 0, or might be an ex taxi thats done 1,000,000,000,000,000Kms + been in a crash 8 times and has no engine. :rofl:

As for getting a VR and putting neons and a body kit and doing up the engine for less than $6000 isnt going to happen. I dont drift and never have, so I dont know whats involved but im guessing a manual transmission with a LSD is required. If so you'll be lucky to find a good condition VR manual for under $5k which doesnt leave a lot of room for upgrades. If you want to drift and drive like that get yourself a jap car. V6/V8 commodores arnt designed to drift.

Perhaps think about Vk/Vl/Vn

semmi

Reaction score
BITE ME! said:
Apparenlty Berlina's had a more powerful engine in them. Says my old man who worked for holden for 20 years.

What?? Where abouts at Holden did your old man work?? I don't think he had much to do with the engines given his "knowledge" of them! :rofl:

MaXiLeeCH

irc.WorldIRC.org boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Series II Berlina
Get a Berlina, that way you get the digital dash, the climate control, fast glass and all the mod cons. (And most have ABS)

I purchased my VRii Berlina 3 months ago for $4250.00 with 6 months rego, a brand new engine and reco gearbox.
It needed a bit of work to get it the way i like it, but its certainly a very quick comfortable car to drive.

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
hey everyone thought id catch yall up on stuff..........i bought a vr calais bout 6 mnths ago and i have done a few minor upgrades eg, hks catback, air intake chip, performance chip, pod filter, sparks an leads, all filters, fuel lines and electrical all redone and last but not least mini spool lmao now wen u guys said u cant drift a holden, well all i can say is one of u were right and it was Airstrike wen he said he thought that they were actually dominating the scene. well its been done my holden vr calais 3.6i is more than capable of drifting and i outdid a skyline r32 turbo so i think it all depends on the drivers style anyways later guys and thats the news lol

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Also depends on suspension, drift cars have excellent suspension setup and they ain't cheap.

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
Also depends on suspension, drift cars have excellent suspension setup and they ain't cheap.

lol sorry forgot to mention i have bilstein suspension package i got for $2300 which was quite a nice saving for me :thumbsup:

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
drifting in a vr with an intake chip??? u didnt buy one of those 20 dollar resistors that just flood your car with petrol did u? and if your old man said that berliners were faster he must have been a cleaner at holden because they are all the same gnine if anything a berliner is slower dude too more weight.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
You think your VR is a 3.6i? WTF hahahaha HKS catback for a VR??? Billstein suspension Package for a VR?!?

Cheers
MaT

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
You think your VR is a 3.6i? WTF hahahaha HKS catback for a VR??? Billstein suspension Package for a VR?!?

Cheers
MaT

did i say my vr calais was 3.6i? well i meant 3.8i lol and yeh its Hks exaugst and bilstein suspension then again i should say was lmao i sold it for $9500 thats why im working on my other vr calais now

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
drifting in a vr with an intake chip??? u didnt buy one of those 20 dollar resistors that just flood your car with petrol did u? and if your old man said that berliners were faster he must have been a cleaner at holden because they are all the same gnine if anything a berliner is slower dude too more weight.

1. yes it is an intake chip but theres more than just that it also has the performance chip and everything else i mentioned and 2. when the hell did i say a piece of **** berlina is faster? i never said that and my old man never worked at holden that was someone else in here.

P.S quote people when you say they said something..............