Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr clutch cable/pedal box

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Litre, VZ SV6
Hey lads, just putting the finishing touches on my manual conversion, hit a stumbling block. I put the pedal box in before I did the trans swap, and everything seemed fine. Yesterday I got the t5 in, and got it all back together. Hooked up the clutch cable, and the pedal is sitting on the floor. Clutch is disengaged, but the cable is so long that the pedal is on the floor, and the rubber bushing on the cable doesn't even reach the firewall. Is there something wrong with the cable? Or the box? Or have I just screwed it up?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I remember when I did my conversion my clutch cable was actually the opposite and it was hard to try and get it on the pedal.

Have you tried playing with the adjustments on the ends? Too long is probably better than too short because you might just be able to set up some spacers somewhere.

Also is all your clutch fork and thrust bearing set up right?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Litre, VZ SV6
Ive got it wound all the way out, I ended up pulling it back out through the firewall and clamping it out, so at least it's drivable until I order a new one. Cable must be stretched.