Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Commo Trans Reco Syd & Boot lid Carpet

KeepItStock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Executive V6
First Question: Just want to know if the carpet that fits on the inside panel of the boot lid from a vr/vs statesman would fit onto my vr commodore sedan.

Second Question: My transmission is leaking pretty bad (told by holden dealer its from the trans pump), shift quality has detoriated, im thinking of getting a reco done to the trans, does anyone know anywhere where I can get it done cheap but a good job?.. Im in Sydney, its a v6 auto.

Iv looked all over here and couldnt find a relative thread but if i missed it please show me..

Thanks

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Not sure on the trans, but the carpet will fit.

KeepItStock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Executive V6
Thanks mate, I thought it wouldnt have as the boot lid on a statesman looks different from the outside.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
how adventurous and mechanically minded are you? the pump seal & retainer is pretty easy to replace (once the trans is removed from the vehicle, scour youtube and search for 4l60e n you'll find heaps of americans doing repairs to the auto's :p as the front seal is a simple job then i'd give it a crack myself if it was my vehicle)
if on a budget as it seems you are when trying to find it done cheap... have you tried a trans flush & service then add some trans treatment to the new fluid?

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Thanks mate, I thought it wouldnt have as the boot lid on a statesman looks different from the outside.

The boot lid carpet in my VR is out of a VS Caprice, it just the outer skin that's different

KeepItStock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Executive V6
how adventurous and mechanically minded are you? the pump seal & retainer is pretty easy to replace (once the trans is removed from the vehicle, scour youtube and search for 4l60e n you'll find heaps of americans doing repairs to the auto's :p as the front seal is a simple job then i'd give it a crack myself if it was my vehicle)
if on a budget as it seems you are when trying to find it done cheap... have you tried a trans flush & service then add some trans treatment to the new fluid?

Thanks for the reply, I am mechanically minded but not so much on trans plus have no where to drop it out. I wouldn't just change the seal while its out ill reco it as the car has done 300,000kms so I think better getting it all done while its out. I have always had it serviced every 15000kms since the car was 1 year old. I'm not cheap, I'm just looking for a recomendation that do a good job bit don't rip you off.

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
craig's automatics seem to be good from what I have heard, I was going to get an auto rebuilt by him but ended up doing it myself
I am sure there are other places in Sydney that are OK as well

KeepItStock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Executive V6
ok so i got my trans recondition, it runs great i can feel the difference, firmer gear changes and crisper acceleration... on the highway it cruises effortlessly BUT theres A problem.

While cruising on the highway at or above 90km/h as many of you guys know the car engages the torque converter as a 5th gear. Let me give you a senario of the problem, im cruising at 90km/h (car engaged on torque converter) now if I 'moderately' give it some gas I dont know what it is but it makes a loud grinding kind of noise and vibration the car doesnt gain any speed. However if I give it a 'light' stab of gas it doesnt make such a noise and is fine. Giving it a 'heavy' stab of gas it just disengages the torque converter and accelerates pretty fine.

The loud grinding sound that i mentioned above is EXACTLY like driving on those white lines one the highway shoulder.

KeepItStock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Executive V6
Hey guys looks like no comments on that grinding noise.. well it hasnt been fixed yet but ive learned to live with it. Trans guy said the trans is fine so not sure still.

so its been nearly one year ago i got my trans recon done and now there is another prob after driving for a while (normally - not trashing) on a freeway or a long stretch of road when i hit the back streets the shifts become very hard with a thud. it still accelerated and drives normally even the shifts are at the right time its just that the pressure it shifts with is very high. But its fine after switching of and turning on again. Any suggestions on this one? haha