Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr dash loom removal

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
hi guys, can you remove the short dash loom without taking dash pad out? I disconected all plugs but cant get the orange cluster plug out from behind the dash (the one toward centre of car) there just doesnt seem to be enough room. Short of removing pins from plug the dash pad out seems the only option??

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
yeah
its virtually impossible without,
I have heard of guys disconnecting wiring connectors and pulling the wiring through
but I would say its much easier to remove the dashpad.
just be extra careful and take your time

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Keep at it coz its possible (done it a few times myself). From memory you need to pop the plug out from beghind the dash i.e. pull the plug towards the rear of the car, and then turn it kind of sideways to push it back though the cutout. Sorry thats not much help as it not the easiest to explain but yes you can do it. Hope that sort of helps :)

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I've pulled about 30 dash looms out of a VR/VS and the only way to go is to take the pins out. There is 2 brown white wires on the bottom of the plug - remove the one on the out side first along with the blue wire next to it and twist them together. Then when you have all the pins out (and recorded on paper as to which way they go back) you will be able to slide the loom out. Rotate it a little as you go and keep the loom up in the dash and there is more room up top.