Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Engine rebuild guide?

ragrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6
Now that ive put a new engine in my VR (which still isnt running right) i plan to get an engine stand and start rebuilding my old engine over the next few months.

Im fairly mechanically minded, ive done head gaskets in a VS and engine/box swap in my VR so ive got some idea on what needs to be done.

Im just wondering if there are any guides around for doing this, its mainly the bottom end i will need some help with, fitting new crank, pistons, rings etc as ive never worked on a bottom end before.

i plan to buy a rebuild kit and do as much of it as i can myself but ill get a professional to do some things like shaving the heads and such where needed, maybe even get the heads rebuilt and maybe have a bit of head work done, port/polish sort of thing.

Id basically like to rebuild the engine to a new motor with better componants, cam, valve springs intake manifold etc.

Any links would be appreciated, gregories and haynes manuals are good but they lack alot of very technical things like fitting rings and pistons etc.

Thanks.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
SC mag did a massive write-up when scott rebuilt the engine in v6 vengeance, was reprinted in the v6power special edition too.

other than that i can only suggest scabbing through US based buick forums