Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr fuel problem

aussiebluVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr commodore
Hey guys I have a 94 vr commodore which I have had for a while now how ever recently I've noticed I'm only getting about 400 kms to a full tank is this normal?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
I got a 5.0L and I drive my car hard occasionally and only get 400Kms to a tank.

Tank = 64L
Distance = 400Kms

L/100kms = 16L

Pretty standard I think..

Although I dont run it dry to test consumption so there's probably a good 8L or so in the tank when I fill it up. So probably about 14L/100kms if I assume I've only used 56L over those 400Kms.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd also say you're getting about average - you'll always get someone who gets a lot further and a lot getting a lot less.

aussiebluVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr commodore
Thanks guys for some reason I thought i was losing petrol some where thanks for clearing this up ;)

Shaz77

I D TEN T Error (ID10T)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Restoring VN Wagon
OH boy I wish I was getting 400km out of my tank. It costs me over $30 to go to ballarat and back. Nearly half a tank for 130kms. Getting her fuel filter changed, but the person who owned it before me was "trying" to modify it unsucessfully and hubby thinks he's probably put bigger fuel injectors in. No idea if that's true or not but man I'd be happy with 400. My father in law owns a VR and on his half a tank he can go to ballarat and back 3 times to my 1.

aussiebluVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr commodore
Jeez that sucks hope you get the problem fixed ASAP especially with fuel costs these days

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i get 3/4 tank going from adealiade to mount gambier, and that is around 450kms so yh it all depends on teh driving standard and how much power u ask the car to produce, the lighter the acceleration is the more fuel u will save, the more accelaration u give the more petrol u use