Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Problems!

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
good luck...

exact same issues I had... (well, some of them, I had a LOT)

I was in a VR 93 Acclaim wagon, the fukn overheating but not problem caused me lots of headaches.

it ISN'T the thermostat, don't get it replaced, you'll waste your money.

I'm guessing it drops back to normal temps after hitting op temp? like after 5-10mins driving? That's what mine did. and with the bloody stalling in reverse or while turning (which is what my pos did) holden cleaned my throttle body about 5 times and charged me for 3 of them, NEVER fixed the problem...)

as I said, good luck...

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Code 12 means 'No RPM signal' and is completely normal. All it means is that the engine isn't running.

Sounds like there is more than one problem with the engine. I can't imagine the power steering issues causing your other problems.

*end of 2 beer contribution*

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Code 12 means everything is good. But this is displayed 3 times, make sure you wait for the code 12 to flash 3 times and then check any other codes. Code 12 will always flash first, so if you dont check after those you wont know the real error codes.

R

ramz

kopper, i waited, its code 12 the whole time. I was told by a mechanic a while back that my injectors are leaking, but I havn't changed them as yet. I am replacing them very soon. Hopefully they fix the problem!