Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr rb30 turbo project

tadpol88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
hay guys time for an update i think. motor is built and in!!! "vn calais manual" the vl cross member fits straight in. same as the rest, trans, tail shaft etc. i have done my home work right as far as the wiring goes and i have had it crusing around(as a na for rego reasons). but i have had a hold up. when i put the motor and trans in, i put in an auto thinking it was a good turbo auto. 1 week to the day it give in and **** it self. left me stranded 50km from the closest town. so i had to make use of my RACV membership(that i signed up to about 3 days earlyer). and for the past week i have been gearbox hunting. i now have a really good turbo manual that is going to go in shortly. also while the project has been grounded i have fitted the brand new turbo, external wastegate, manifold, dump pipe etc . just doing the slow and painful search for the last little bits to complete the manual convertion.

tadpol88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
i will also have a few pictures up on photobucket soon!! when i finnish signing up to it :p
if anyone has any vr/s or vl manual parts pm me as im looking for anything and everything.

tadpol88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
Ussualy when you want power you can say goodbye to the good fuel consumption. You need to burn more fuel to get more power.

vn luke told me even with his masive power he is still getting and dont quote me on it around the 13-14L to the 100
that alone is better then what i was getting out of the 5ltr that was in the ute to start with and it was stock with a baby as cam and a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
vn luke told me even with his masive power he is still getting and dont quote me on it around the 13-14L to the 100
that alone is better then what i was getting out of the 5ltr that was in the ute to start with and it was stock with a baby as cam and a 2.5 inch cat back exhaust.

Yeah, true, also depends on a few other things, or how efficiently the fuel is burned as well. But i did oversimplify it :p

tadpol88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
any one know where i can get a vl turbo manual tailshaft from? ill pay good money for it......... and a finders fee

tadpol88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
hi guys sorry for a delay in updates.
so far the first trans has died. i now have replaced it with a vl turbo manual. i ended up getting a manual tailshaft to suit a non turbo and got a hardy spicer made yolk to suit the turbo box. i also found a vs manual pedal box clutch master etc to suit the getrag 5 speed so i could just bolt it in and connect it straight up to the vl slave. i made it driveable and took it for a quick lap of my driveway (100m) before calling it a night last night. today i limped it to work so i could complete the exhaust (as it was straight out the dump pipe) and also the cooler pipe work. i hope to get a base tune made up so i can drive it while it is boosting with out the stress of killing it. when its dry enough ill make a couple of vids showing off the stats of the ute and post them on youtube. ill post the direct link when i do it.

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
that sick dude how much has this all cost you so far and whats ur estimated cost overall?