Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Senator with LSx454

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
:poke: scratched that itch yet

Sokoza

Beep Beep
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP GTS
Wholey CRAPSHAITH! This is such a good guide for me as im doing a similar thing to my VP GTS. Just without the rediculous donk and gearbox. Woah man, this insane! What did you paint the underbody with?

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Just getting the tyres organized mounted onto the rims, then on the week end hope to get them mounted up. Need to sit down and update my list of whats left to do. The tail-shaft has been made and roughly fitted, but I need to modify slightly the mounting holes for the HD center bearing to suit the VR chassis. Maybe some news on selling my racecar (fingers crossed) once I shift that I should be able to finish her off. Still a lot to do though, rough list is:

1. Induction System
2. Full exhaust system
3. Engine ECU & wiring
4. Rear fuel system (maybe new ally drop tank with surge/pumps incorporated)
5. G Force drive shafts
6. Engine tune
7. Suspension set up.
8. Finish front brake/ABS lines & bleed

Maybe other bits and pieces I cant think of right now....

Cheers dude, the main underbody was painted by my painter (underbody shutz?) when he did the respray, the wheel wells and touch up I have just used "Motorspray Textured Under-body Coating" which actually worked a treat and was simple to use.

Sokoza

Beep Beep
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP GTS
What is the facroty offset for the wheels on the VR? I am looking into 10" rims for my VP but my offset is +38, since you haven't got tread on yet you woudn't know of any clearance isssues yet?

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
What is the facroty offset for the wheels on the VR? I am looking into 10" rims for my VP but my offset is +38, since you haven't got tread on yet you woudn't know of any clearance isssues yet?

I did a lot of work determining it with mock ups etc. There are a few variations, I assume your VP is IRS? I thought (may be wrong) that a VP IRS should have 31P offset. My rims were made 30P btw.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
BAM, wheels are on and fit perfect :) Had to linish with a dremel the inside where the fit on the hub spigot to remove the build up from powder coating. After that they fit up spot on. I think I have nailed the offset. Bit annoyed with myself really, tyres wise I went a little conservative, I did all my calculations on 295 wide, I bought 275 to be safe but I think the 295's would fit perfectly. Wont take long to fry a set of rears once she is up and running so next set will be wider ha ha.

The clearance to the inside of the guard, shockers, trailing arm etc, is all about equal. Which is pretty much what I was aiming for. Of course the camber etc isnt set properly yet though but it wont change much from what i have now I don't think.

Its very difficult to get any good shots to show them in the shed. I have lowered the car onto the ground and removed one hoist tower and turned the car around 90 degrees in the shed. Really just for the fun of it, so long since I have had her on the ground on all four tyres and able to walk around it and sit in it. Bloody happy with that, was a little nervous that I had worked out all the offset right given the expense and effort with the wheels but thankfully it looks great.

Now to do a bit of a list of what's left...

Here are some pics, as I say difficult to get any nice ones.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
That looks sweet. Definition of sleeper. Love the rims. Very subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.