Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Statesman L3 Dash Loom in VS Berlina

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

I plan on fitting a VR Statesman dash in my VS Berlina. The only thing I can see extra is the clock.

I was wondering if I buy this loom will it all work like it's supposed too or will I also need to change another loom for it to work properly?

Holden VR Statesman Level 3 Dash Loom | eBay

I would wire it up myself and make my own loom, but I like things to look factory.

Cheers,
Ben

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey guys,

I plan on fitting a VR Statesman dash in my VS Berlina. The only thing I can see extra is the clock.

I was wondering if I buy this loom will it all work like it's supposed too or will I also need to change another loom for it to work properly?

Holden VR Statesman Level 3 Dash Loom | eBay

I would wire it up myself and make my own loom, but I like things to look factory.

Cheers,
Ben

I reckon the easiest, cheapest and quickest way would be just to add in the three wires or whatever the clock has to your Berlina loom. I'm pretty sure its just a constant +, - and an illumination. You would gain nothing from the statesman loom (except maybe security light, and possibly foglight switch, which is useless unless you want fog lights) considering the Berlina loom should already be a level 3 one, with the dimmable dash lights etc.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I reckon the easiest, cheapest and quickest way would be just to add in the three wires or whatever the clock has to your Berlina loom. I'm pretty sure its just a constant +, - and an illumination. You would gain nothing from the statesman loom (except maybe security light, and possibly foglight switch, which is useless unless you want fog lights) considering the Berlina loom should already be a level 3 one, with the dimmable dash lights etc.

Well my Berlina has the security light next to the hazard light switch already. I actually do plan on installing genuine fog lights soon (already have new bumper bar and all parts needed. I suppose I could just wire it up myself and tape it all up into a loom with the original loom.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
If you take the dash loom out it is infact just 3 wires to connect. You can untape the loom to graft in the wires and it will look factory.

the 3 wires are orange white, brown white and black.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
If you take the dash loom out it is infact just 3 wires to connect. You can untape the loom to graft in the wires and it will look factory.

the 3 wires are orange white, brown white and black.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing now, it would save heaps of money as well. Do you happen to know how many wires for the fog light switch as well?

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Also in addition to the clock, being a VR dash, it never had the passenger air bag fitted on the dash, so there is the extra storage compartment in it's place, with it's own illumination lamp and switch. All you need to do is use the positive from the lower glove box light and then give the switch it's own separate earth.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Also in addition to the clock, being a VR dash, it never had the passenger air bag fitted on the dash, so there is the extra storage compartment in it's place, with it's own illumination lamp and switch. All you need to do is use the positive from the lower glove box light and then give the switch it's own separate earth.

Thanks mate, I didn't even realise it had that light! I just had a look and sure enough, it has it. My VS didn't have the air bag either, but all VS statesman dashes seem to have the air bag, that's why I went with the VR dash.

I know that the center console has extra lights for the rear footwell as well which I will have to wire up to the interior light.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I know the fog light switch can be grafted in to work with the factory relay and wiring which should already be in your car, I did it with my Acclaim, but I don't have the circuit diagram anymore sorry haha, someone else may be able to help you there though. The plug and switch are exactly the same as the aircon ones, which can be easier to find, just different colours obviously.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I know the fog light switch can be grafted in to work with the factory relay and wiring which should already be in your car, I did it with my Acclaim, but I don't have the circuit diagram anymore sorry haha, someone else may be able to help you there though. The plug and switch are exactly the same as the aircon ones, which can be easier to find, just different colours obviously.

I noticed that some VS's actually already have the wiring for the fog lights up near the top next to the radiator, unfortunately mine doesn't. Does that mean the factory relay probably won't be there? I have ordered these looms for the fog lights so at least it will still be plug and play on the fog light end

VR VS VT VX VY VZ FOG Light Wiring Loom Pair Genuine GM NEW HSV SS Calais | eBay

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I noticed that some VS's actually already have the wiring for the fog lights up near the top next to the radiator, unfortunately mine doesn't. Does that mean the factory relay probably won't be there? I have ordered these looms for the fog lights so at least it will still be plug and play on the fog light end

VR VS VT VX VY VZ FOG Light Wiring Loom Pair Genuine GM NEW HSV SS Calais | eBay
Oh really, are you sure? I would have thought yours did.. Mine was only a VS Acclaim series 1 and it had the wiring and the terminals for the relay, so all I had to do was I think was put a fuse in, plug a relay in, and graft my switch in and it was all good.