Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Statesman L3 Dash Loom in VS Berlina

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Oh really, are you sure? I would have thought yours did.. Mine was only a VS Acclaim series 1 and it had the wiring and the terminals for the relay, so all I had to do was I think was put a fuse in, plug a relay in, and graft my switch in and it was all good.

Yeah I have checked, and now that there is no radiator in it at the moment, I've had another look and there is definitely nothing there. Some VS's also have the plug for the fog light switch already there. I actually thought it must have been like that on all Series 2 VS's. Mine is a 04/95 one of the very first VS's ever produced.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yeah real easy to do , I did to my vs acclaim and vs ute back in the day , takes like an hour tops

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Oh really, are you sure? I would have thought yours did.. Mine was only a VS Acclaim series 1 and it had the wiring and the terminals for the relay, so all I had to do was I think was put a fuse in, plug a relay in, and graft my switch in and it was all good.

My Berlina never had the wiring there too, although at the wreckers I noticed some Acclaims had it and some didn't. I believe there would have been a power pack optioned from factory to some Acclaims which included the extra fog lamp loom. Berlina's already had all the power options so there was no power pack available, and in turn, no fog lamp loom.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
That's like the diff, VS Acclaims had IRS standard, a Berlina has live axle but IRS would have been optional

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
That's like the diff, VS Acclaims had IRS standard, a Berlina has live axle but IRS would have been optional

Ah well there ya go, didn't know that. Seems strange to me haha. I dunno about the fog light loom then, probably just as easy to install them on their own stand alone circuit rather then try and incorporate it into the factory one

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Ah well there ya go, didn't know that. Seems strange to me haha. I dunno about the fog light loom then, probably just as easy to install them on their own stand alone circuit rather then try and incorporate it into the factory one

Yeah I'll see how I go with it, I want to try and make it look as factory as possible.