Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr System

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Hi all,
I'm new here, and I know nothin, so I was hoping you guys could help me out. I recently got rid of my stock head unit and chucked in a JVC KD-S895.
I almost bought a pair of Cadence 6x9s for the back when I was told by the JB hifi dude that VRs need a bit of fiddling about with the shelf. Upon closer inspection, I noticed these crappy 6x9s already at the back and the previous owner just cut the hole and didn't even bother to attach the speakers and the magnet was too big for the back which need to be raised about 5mm...
After reading a couple of threads here and negotiating with the other half, we were deciding on getting Cadence 6" at the front, either 6" or 6.5" OR 6x9s at the back, and a Candece 12" sub in the boot with an amp running the speakers and sub (when I get more $$$$).
Is putting the sub NOT in the middle of the boot affect how it sounds? (she won't let me get two..)Also, which way should it face out - towards the car or outwards? And is there a way to raise the parcel shelf about 5mm higher without making your own?
I think thats about it...for now....Any help would be most appreciated....

Cheers Beers
B

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
howdy

i know you can buy these things called spacers they raise your 6X9's they raise the speakers by about 5-10mm. as for the sub after fiddling around for awhile with me for awhile i found out. it doesn't matter where it is in the boot

cheers

scott

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Thanks for the reply VK...I found out about those spacers prolly bout the same time you wrote this message!

I was also told that your sub should face outwards and yeah ur right it doesn't really matter where it goes, so i suppose when i need to chuck something in the boot, ill just shift it.

Just need some time now to save up money and then buy all the candence gear!

Thanks
B

scozz

Reaction score
The sub can sit anywhere as it's undirectional sound. If your unsure of which way to face it - Just mount it and switch the Sub speaker phasing to achieve more bottom end.

Speaker phasing - Reverse the speaker wires to your speaker box.