Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Can't see a problem driving those sorts of kays.....I live for it myself

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Can't see a problem driving those sorts of kays.....I live for it myself
In that last hour before home, there is a sign showing windy roads symbol, and below it says next 65km's
Not an isolated situation either. So not alot of highway cruise at max trailer towing speed unfortunately.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In that last hour before home, there is a sign showing windy roads symbol, and below it says next 65km's
Not an isolated situation either. So not alot of highway cruise at max trailer towing speed unfortunately.

Mate, I have done a fair bit of towing cars I have bought from miles away.....And yes referring to the type, where I jump into the car after work, and take off 1,000 +k away, with only a road atlas in hand, with a piece of paper with directions to get to the joint and only 2 days to get there and back so I can go to work on the Monday.

One trip I did, I couldn't get over 80 KPH, otherwise the trailer would sway all over the place.....What a fun 1,100 or so K trip that was

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hopefully next time I'm not crook and you can stop by for a cup of joe.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Mate, I have done a fair bit of towing cars I have bought from miles away.....And yes referring to the type, where I jump into the car after work, and take off 1,000 +k away, with only a road atlas in hand, with a piece of paper with directions to get to the joint and only 2 days to get there and back so I can go to work on the Monday.

One trip I did, I couldn't get over 80 KPH, otherwise the trailer would sway all over the place.....What a fun 1,100 or so K trip that was
done those crazy trips. those Adel-Melb return trips with dodgey new purchases :D

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
But those road trips are great fun!
Did the day trip with a mate and his son for his sons first car (Ford Panelvan) From Melb to Mildura and back again.
Up there, all good., Coming back stormy winds and anything over 80-90 wasnt great.
Have done that road many times, a good 5hrs no stops, So got up in 6 hrs, then it was 1hr up there and an 8hr drive home.
But its all a part of the experience in the end.
Sometimes you just have to do those things.

Thats not including all the other long road trips for other cars or in and out weekends for sports.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
done those crazy trips. those Adel-Melb return trips with dodgey new purchases :D

My dodgy ones were to country Vic.....

Never failed....Go through Hamilton, get pulled over and a quick car search, because of it being S.A registered, they though I was drug running...

Always did them over the weekend, which made me knackered for Monday, but still enjoy it

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I Did Adel > Sydney and back on a whim for a set of wheels back in the day.

Finished work at 3PM and left. Distances don't mean much to me, if it's something hard to find and I need it, I'll do the drives.

(And I hate arranging couriers with pain in the ass sellers)

I'm possibly doing a 2000km drive to Brisbane on the first week of Jan for a 60th birthday and a 2000km back because flights for 2 people this late are just insane at the moment.

Last edited:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I Did Adel > Sydney and back on a whim for a set of wheels back in the day.

Finished work at 3PM and left. Distances don't mean much to me, if it's something hard to find and I need it, I'll do the drives.

(And I hate arranging couriers with pain in the ass sellers)

I'm possibly doing a 2000km drive to Brisbane on the first week of Jan for a 60th birthday and a 2000km back because flights for 2 people this late are just insane at the moment.
sames. distance is not really a bother if I justify the need lol

did drive to mt gambier & return for a cerulean high rise console, and wasn't even for me!
mildura for a set of Senator door trims because couriers suck!