Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 Ute rough idle

Drewgong

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Actually....

Perhaps we can do a write up and title it "Do/Check This Before Buying Parts". It kills me to watch people change stuff at random. I've seen lots of people install fuel pumps who have perfectly fine fuel pressure but no injector pulse, ECU's for no starts, Coils/Ignition Modules for no fire etc etc... sometimes you get lucky... Since everyone here knows a lot of the common failures we could get a really useful guide. I'm happy to help!
im going to order the cable from pcm hacking tomorrow and will post up data when i get it. Any suggestions on exactly what date you need to see i believe theres a lot of info to choose to display

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
im going to order the cable from pcm hacking tomorrow and will post up data when i get it. Any suggestions on exactly what date you need to see i believe theres a lot of info to choose to display
It's a very simple computer. The list is pretty short.

Drewgong

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi fellas I ended up ordering my cable through envyous customs using the tuner pro software. Im hoping I have found the issue watching the guages on the computer the spark advance is very erratic when i hold the revs in the range where it plays up the advance goes to maximum. Im try to add a video but its too large.
So what would cause the spark advance to go crazy like that or is that normal?

Drewgong

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
It's a very simple computer. The list is pretty short. I ended up ordering my cable through envyous customs using the tuner pro software. Im hoping I have found the issue watching the guages on the computer the spark advance is very erratic when i hold the revs in the range where it plays up the advance goes to maximum. Im try to add a video but its too large.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi fellas I ended up ordering my cable through envyous customs using the tuner pro software. Im hoping I have found the issue watching the guages on the computer the spark advance is very erratic when i hold the revs in the range where it plays up the advance goes to maximum. Im try to add a video but its too large.
You should be able to display a line graph showing rpm, map, spark advance etc etc and take a picture.

Possibly a mechanical issue causing the erratic advance. Loose dizzy gear mesh, 1 dead plug causing misfire and erratic map load, loose sensor in dizzy, or damaged wiring maybe.

AmericanGuyInAUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute VS
Post up a video or a photo of you live data at idle both engine cold and engine warmed up. Timing at idle will jump around between -5-15 degrees i would guess depending on conditions.