Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR VS Door Belt Mouldings

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Wow I can't believe that this thread is being re-lived.

The short answer is ........No. The felt is one and the same part of the outer weather belt and is not separable. One thing you will find though is that if you remove the complete molding you can then place under running water while using an old toothbrush and soften the felt that will be totally clogged full of grit giving it the hard feel and appearance. Once you've worked all the dirt out of it and let it dry you'll find that the felt is still in rather good order along with it being soft.

I hope that this answers your question.

Maybe we should start a totally new thread up so this one never sees the light of day again as the experience that we all had to go through back then is not one I ever want to relive and the member that got de-registered along with it.

frankzed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Wow I can't believe that this thread is being re-lived.

The short answer is ........No. The felt is one and the same part of the outer weather belt and is not separable. One thing you will find though is that if you remove the complete molding you can then place under running water while using an old toothbrush and soften the felt that will be totally clogged full of grit giving it the hard feel and appearance. Once you've worked all the dirt out of it and let it dry you'll find that the felt is still in rather good order along with it being soft.

I hope that this answers your question.

Maybe we should start a totally new thread up so this one never sees the light of day again as the experience that we all had to go through back then is not one I ever want to relive and the member that got de-registered along with it.
[/QUOTE

I'm sorry as I should have made it clearer. I was after the felt/rubber for the INNER door belt not the outer. I'm apologise if I'm not an expert at this as I've only had the vs for 4 weeks.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Oh OK, the inner on the SS is merely rubber with a wiping edge along the window side.

This part commonly dislodges itself from the push down fit inner molding. The old one can be easily reused and reattached to the molding using 401 Loctite adhesive.

There is a method of re-attaching it so as to end up with a perfect fit as the rubber will shrink over time and not be the same length.

If you want me to explain how to do it please let me know as I should write a step by step screed for future members to follow.

frankzed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Oh OK, the inner on the SS is merely rubber with a wiping edge along the window side.

This part commonly dislodges itself from the push down fit inner molding. The old one can be easily reused and reattached to the molding using 401 Loctite adhesive.

There is a method of re-attaching it so as to end up with a perfect fit as the rubber will shrink over time and not be the same length.

If you want me to explain how to do it please let me know as I should write a step by step screed for future members to follow.
Please do