Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] VR/VS Fog Lamp Wiring Diagram

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Hello, I just bought myself a VS Acclaim to tinker with as a hobby, I want to fit fog lights and I notice that the plugs are there already to plug the fog lights into. Can anyone tell me if that means that all I have to do is fit the lights, plug them in, fit the switch (I'm assuming that the wiring will be there for that as well) and I'm done? I haven't checked yet but I doubt that there'll be a relay there already but if that's all I need to do to get fog lights working I reckon I got off pretty light. I'd appreciate any info on this from anyone in the know. Cheers!

The switch loom/plug will not be in the dash, however everything else is ready to go. All you need to do is splice in the plug and then it's just a matter of connecting the relay, switch, and lights. It's pretty easy after you remove the dash facsia and fuse panel, all the wires you need to splice into are there. To confirm this have a look at the fog lamp relay base, it takes a 5 pin relay so if the base has 5 terminals wired in you're good to go splicing in the switch plug.

I would wire it up according to the wiring diagram in post #4, as it is a factory set up. My Berlina didn't have any fog lamp wiring at all, so I had to start from scratch and I found NickVR's wiring diagram in post #1 the easiest method. Keep in mind though, if you wire it up factory style, your low beam lights will not work while the fog lights are on without doing a little earth mod to the wiring, also explained in the wiring diagram in post #4. Hope this helps mate.