Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS-Battery keeps going flat

E

evanthe mac

I have a problem with my VS Esteem. The battery goes flat overnight. I leave it with the battery fully charged and 12 hors later it's as flat as a tack. I thought it was a dud battery so I put a new one in and it hasn't helped. I can't see any obvious short or anything else that might drain the battery. The car is stock standard. Any ideas. Cheers Evan. :b:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
My guess would be the boot light staying on.

If not and you have access to an ammeter, (a suitable multimeter is about $10 at Dick Smith/Jaycar so you prob. should), disconnect the battery earth, connect the ammeter between the wiring harness earth terminal and battery terminal and take a current reading. Shouldn't be more than about 0.15A with everything switched off. If it is more, start pulling fuses (under dash and under bonnet) until the reading drops, which will tell you which circuit to to look at.

E

evanthe mac

Cheers Cheap 6, it was too easy, I checked and the light WAS staying on the boot. Brilliant. My car fixed. Thanks heaps.

efryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 3.6 Auto
Common issue with VS

Had the same problem myself, even bought a new battery, which promptly went dead two weeks later.

Took it to an auto electrician, and he showed me a quick test.

Holden were so thoughtful to install a boot light check hatch (fold down back seat :whistling ).

He said on the VS it was a reasonably common issue.

Regards

Bob

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
yeah my vs had this problem as well.bent the tab back out for the light switch and it turns off now.stupid flimsy metal holden used to mount the switch on