Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS brake light question....newbie

VSolympic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8l
Hi all

First time poster sorry if this is in the wrong section: I have been given a VS ute and it has a rear wing type setup coming of the roof which has a brake light in it. This light doesn't work, I have googled trying to find what it's actually called and how I can replace it to no avail.

Any help appreciated :)

*just found a pic of a maloo style sailplane? this may be the wing I'm meaning

VSolympic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8l
https://www.ebay.com.au/p/?iid=122462026820&&&chn=ps

There is one here on eBay. There is a chance that that light might not be wired up, all depends on who put it on there.

Thank you, at least now I know what it's called. Not sure if it was factory fitted or put on after, I removed the light bar thinking it was just a blown bulb but looks like it may need a whole new light. Have an auto electrician looking at it tomorrow to see if he can get it working

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Let us know how you go mate.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Thank you, at least now I know what it's called. Not sure if it was factory fitted or put on after, I removed the light bar thinking it was just a blown bulb but looks like it may need a whole new light. Have an auto electrician looking at it tomorrow to see if he can get it working
Those things were pretty rare on VS. I think they were on older HSV maybe HDT utes. Probably not factory job. I have seen them with like one quarter of the LEDs not lit up,
so they are wired series/parallel. So perhaps wiring to the LEDs is kaput.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
I have one on my Ute, light doesn't work CBF fixing it. Lol
A standard vs doesn't have a light there so I didn't waste my time and money to get it working.