Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Clubby starting issues.

05Shan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Clubsport, VE SS-V 60th, VE II SS-V ute
Hi all, wondering if there is anyone that can help me. I have just pieced the VS Clubsport I have been restoring back together.
I go to start it and it will crank but has no inj pulse/spark and the fuel pump wont prime.
I shorted the oil press switch and got the fuel pump to work so I could eliminate that.
The imobiliser light turns off so i'm pretty sure it isn't that
Could this be the ign module?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Very well could be. Try and scab one from a mates running car and give it a go.
The pump should prime when the key is turned to reds tho.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
how's the fuses and relays , and are you talking about your bcm , I don't no what u done prior so f##k knows.

05Shan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check fuses and bench tested all relay's. Got an ign module I know works and plugged in. Still no go.

Also noticed the "Check Engine" light doesn't come on when the key is in the on position. Will check globe tomorrow but maybe this is an indication of whats wrong????
Also proved there is power getting to the ign module.

I gather the BCM works fine as the car locks/unlocks and the immobiliser light goes out when key is put in ignition. Cranks over fine, just no bark

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Have you tried another ECU?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Have you checked the base ignition timing in diagnostic mode - 10 degrees BTDC.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Check your EFI relay clicks when you turn the ignition on. If it doesn't make sure the ground wire is grounded properly and done up real tight. Its in the drivers kick panel just near the ABS module

05Shan

Reaction score
Members Ride
No haven't tried another ECU, trying to track one down atm but not having much luck.

I haven't checked the base ign timing, didn't touch the dizzy at all so I never considered it. How do you do that???????????????

EFI relay is in the engine bay with the others, yes I have tried that and it does click on and off. Replaced it with another for good measure and it's OK

Got a feeling it's something simple, have been over the wiring twice but will do again due to the fact this car was a rolling shell 3 months ago. Still keen to hear any ideas, starting to piss me off now lol

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
don't forget the ecu and bcm have to pair up to work. have u tried taking a spare plug and see if ya getting spark, if no fuel getting there its ever ya pump or pressure regulator. could be dfi problems , so many things it may be .

05Shan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have tested spark and there is none. I have access to a VN 5L A ecu but i'm pretty sure it wont work. Will I get anything with it test wise??????