Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs clubsport 4L60E and putting in Turbo 400

ward

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
Turbo 400 looks the way to go I think best for me is to get a turbo 400 and then organize the speed sensor and get a crossmember made. Also have a block that I'm going to use for the stroker so hopefully can bolt it up to that a get measurement's for a tail shaft.
You don't know unless you ask and have a go

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Turbo 400 looks the way to go I think best for me is to get a turbo 400 and then organize the speed sensor and get a crossmember made. Also have a block that I'm going to use for the stroker so hopefully can bolt it up to that a get measurement's for a tail shaft.
You don't know unless you ask and have a go
do you have the 5.0 sitting in the car already?? go for it u wont have any dramas fitting it up and i doubt youl come across anything major when doing it. the most major issue youl have is fittin the tailshaft which is no real issue.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
mr j-man, sounds like your breathing tube is blocked. I understand the OPs question was re the trans, but have another read at post #5, and #7, and you will see he asks about stroker cranks as well. I am obviously not as much "in the know" as you, and yes, I do own a Commodore, and have had quite a few over the years, but the T400 has been a problem for a lot of people with tunnel clearance, so thats why I made reference to that. Nothing worse than buying bits to find they dont fit properly.
The T700 is of similar size to a T350. Its near enough the same box, except for an extra gear.
Check out the Harrop web site for crank info.
And finally, my word is not gospel, I am not religious. I am only, like most on here, trying to help.

Now, whats your claim to fame mr j-man????
ok you got me on the harrop crank availability....ive never looked at their site to realise its for sale. ive never seen, read anywhere in the last 10 yrs of these being used in a holden5.0 as everyone seems to run scat,c.o.m.e., and sometimes eagle and dare i say it....procomp!

claim to fame?? haha na mate no fame here! just hands on experience with workin on commodores as a hobby for the last 13yrs so after a while you kinda work out what fits and what doesnt when u mix n match 1st gen commo parts ..... you work out what to use, you get it, you make it fit, and get advise along the way if your not sure....like ward has!
if i knew this forum existed years ago it would have saved me alot of time wasted trialing different parts.
my 1st trade was an auto upholsterer for the custom side of cars i know its not mechanical, but thats where i put my spare time into........( the mechanical side of things) ,
now im a refrig mechanic.....rebuilding 3phase 2,4&6 cylinder semi hermetic compressors and messing with the odd screw compressor too, fitting gas pipe.... changing electrical switchgear ..... and the list goes.
so yeah thats my claim but not to fame sorry if my previous post was a tad out of line

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
haha yeah everyone loves a long hard piss especially after a night on the piss!
with a name like blown v6 hatch shouldnt u be in the v6 section??
hah just takin the piss!

ward

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
Mr j-man i'm a fridge mechanic myself work at haden's in Tasmania, could down a work for us and help me out as well lol.
Looking at mounting a quicksilver shifter onto a vn auto console any tips.

ward

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
Also trying to upload some pics of my tunnel ram and boot install, is there another format i can try or can i email someone and they put them up for me
cheers

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Mr j-man i'm a fridge mechanic myself work at haden's in Tasmania, could down a work for us and help me out as well lol.
Looking at mounting a quicksilver shifter onto a vn auto console any tips.
good stuff... pretty good trade to be in... i work for austral/hastie, plenty of $$ to make if you wana chase it .... the $$ come in handy when workin/buildin cars too, a mate of mine just moved down your way and is/was tryin to get me down there too, not too sure on what the supermarket refrig industrie is like down there but its pretty busy up here in bris .
i was goin to fit a QS shifter to my VH but it was goin to sit really high up ... a good 2inches higher than the stock tbar so i flagged that idea an left it stock.... i may fit a pro ratchet when the 355 goes in, alot more compact compared to a QS or mega shifter.
the linkages and cable are pretty straight foward as per intructions really ... having it sitting and looking good in the console is a different story. alot of 1st gen commos that run an after market shifter usually do away with the center console. i doubt you would wana do that! see if you can find any pics on google to give u a visual idea on how to sit it

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Also trying to upload some pics of my tunnel ram and boot install, is there another format i can try or can i email someone and they put them up for me
cheers
when in reply box.
click "go advanced"
then click the paper clip "attachments"
it will pop up another screen select "add files" on the top right.
then youll have another pop up then click "select files" then it should take u to your file locations.
select your pic then youll see a tab sayin "upload" hit that then it should put it to a section then click done