Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS custom parcel shelf question.

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Hi guys, i did a quick search but i couldn't find anything related to my question so i'm sorry if it's been asked before but here goes.....
My mate is nearly finished making his custom p/shelf for his VS but we are both at a stand still on what to do with the rear center shoulder strap seat belt? We are thinking about swapping all the seatbelts from the VP to the VS, that way he will have the lap sash center belt in the back and that makes it beyond easy then, but is it legal? Keep in mind that i will be getting the VS p/shelf and all the VS seatbelts so the shoulder belt that comes out of the VS p/shelf will be ok for me, but will he be able to re-rego his VS without the lap sash instead of the factory center shoulder strap?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Almost certain it is illegal but hopefully another member can give you the definite answer. Actually would probably be best to call the transport department in your state and hear it from their mouth.

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
if there are holes already there i wouldve thought it was legal. But dont take my word 4 it ive been wrong many times b4 lol

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yes, it's illegal to reverse engineer...but, I would really wonder if the mechanic who checks it out would actually notice?

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
I reckon he'll go ok. Like you said mate, the mechanic probably won't even notice (hopefully).
Cheers guys!

james_lives_here

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Not so much would the mechanic notice, but would the insurance company......

whitevrboi

Just another white vr.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
hey mate i made a custom parcel shelf for my vr and unbolted the center belt at the top but not the bottom so i have the reel and belt still attached, i managed to get my car re-registered with it like that. i dont think they'll notice too much