Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ecotec belt tensioner.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
there is no way to adjust the angle of the tensioner. if it is on an angle, the only way to fix it is to replace it as its a one piece unit and spring loaded.

Hugo92

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Holden Commodore VS series II station wagon
allright i am changing the tensioner now i have mangaged to get the pulley off but not sure on how to remove the spring loaded section. i removed the belt and the tensioner moved up i need some advice please ur help will be muchly appreciated :)

Hugo92

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Holden Commodore VS series II station wagon
i managed to pull my finger out and do it :) just had a severe dumb moment thnx anyways this thread was helpful :)

jassutho_vswagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
hi so I know this thread is old now but I have vs wagon which ive done bucket loads of work on and love it. but I have exact same problem have been advised to replace the whole belt tensioner my belt was slipping forward off the tensioner. went to next level and replaced water pump and tensioners as well. all up bout 100 bucks worth of parts and 50 bucks labour to get the lot fitted.