Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ecotec Exhaust Recomendation

TobyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
I have an automatic 1995 VS with an L36 and a live axle, and will be supercharged sometime in the near future. I am currently looking at a new exhaust system for it. Currently I'm looking at Pacemaker headers into the factory cat, then Rhino the rest of the way, but I'm not sure if this is a good setup for my future plans. Would anybody have any good ideas for what sort of setup I should use? Cheers in advance!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Single factory cat will be restrictive for a supercharged engine. If you want to use stock cats, use a twin cat system or fit a decent size high flow cat. 2.5" system is really a bit small for anything but a stock L67.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you want a budget exhaust like Rinho then go with a Redback 2.5". The Rinho systems are poor fit. Whereas a Redback bolt up well.

TobyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Single factory cat will be restrictive for a supercharged engine. If you want to use stock cats, use a twin cat system or fit a decent size high flow cat. 2.5" system is really a bit small for anything but a stock L67.
Do you have any recommendations for good cats?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No. I live in the land of the long white cloud where we can legally remove the cats. But we ran the factory twin cat exhaust system on our VX L67 but with a full twin factory V8 exhaust system as the original system (twin into single 2.5" ) was to restrictive with a 3.4" pulley fitted causing knock retard.

TobyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
No. I live in the land of the long white cloud where we can legally remove the cats. But we ran the factory twin cat exhaust system on our VX L67 but with a full twin factory V8 exhaust system as the original system (twin into single 2.5" ) was to restrictive with a 3.4" pulley fitted causing knock retard.
I'm not after anything too loud as these motors are not the greatest sounding. What sort of muffler do you run? And what size would you recommend for the cat?

Last edited: