Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Ecotech ECU probelms

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Ohh, god........

This sounds like a TRX100 special. Please tell me it's not.

If it is, send it back, get your money back and then contact someone on this forum who actually knows what they are doing when tuning.

Not the first person to be had by TRX100 , promising much and delivering little

Grassie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
No one has mentioned if the VATS is on or off. And the only way to get a real tune is on the rollers!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
After reading what was posted above (about TRX), I thought Id have a quick look at his feedback on ebay, and it doesn't look too bad at all. Theres actually a hell of a lot of people on there who are happy with what they've got from him.. Its not rocket science modifying these tunes, Ive been doing my own for years now after learning the basics from delcowizzid, (who really is a wizard when it comes to these tunes).

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No one has mentioned if the VATS is on or off. And the only way to get a real tune is on the rollers!

Bullshit, you don't need a rolling road dyno to tune a car. VATS doesn't matter, it's a VS, it's not like the PCM and BCM are linked like in later model cars.

After reading what was posted above (about TRX), I thought Id have a quick look at his feedback on ebay, and it doesn't look too bad at all. Theres actually a hell of a lot of people on there who are happy with what they've got from him.. Its not rocket science modifying these tunes, Ive been doing my own for years now after learning the basics from delcowizzid, (who really is a wizard when it comes to these tunes).

Have a look at some of the threads on Delcohack about TRX100 and the stuff he does..........

SSS, procomp, speedmasteraus etc also all have excellent feedback on fleabay and yet we know the kind of crap they sell. The problem with feedback on fleabay is it's generally posted shortly after receiving item and not once the user has figured out what it is really like.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Problem I have with feedback on fleabay is a small percentage leave feedback after they have the item in hand,some leave feed back after installing it and driving around the block for a few min and some after only a few days....I have a box full of cheap Chinese electronics that let the magic blue smoke out a few weeks after being in use...... and after leaving positive feedback :)......I wish ebay would allow say a 3mth feedback update which is appended to your orig feedback. I really do think it would make for interesting reading :D could even make it voluntary...These days I try and surf the forum's and reviews before I drop my limited funds ;)

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
If i was the Op I would get in contact with The1 from these forums. Get him to send you a modified chip for your ECU. I say this as he helped me with my VS exec with L67 conversion. My car now goes better, shifts are better and averages at least 60km more from a tank. Also now runs cooler as the thermo fan comes on earlier. You really need to have the ALDL cable as well and log the performance and have it refined. In short get in contact with The1.

Grassie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
Bullshit, you don't need a rolling road dyno to tune a car. VATS doesn't matter, it's a VS, it's not like the PCM and BCM are linked like in later models

sorry dude I seriously thought from VR onwards they had vats hence the key fob. I stand corrected.