Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs fuel tank

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if the tank is slow to fill, then the breather pipe has to be kinked or blocked
I can fill my VN 80L tank with the fuel bowser at full flow - no probs with the filler neck overflowing

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
got it installed sender seems to be working fine havn't hooked up the internal pump but itwill get hooked up down the track when I install the injected 5ltr did have a set back this morning though after some low life thought they needed it more then me and tried to steal it they rolled it down the road but couldn't start it cause of my little secret sercurity device although they stuffed all 3 locks and damaged panels and broke a window s its now waiting for me to fix that side of things

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
Yeah was told of the breather pipe being blocked so I looked and its not blocked.So any other ideas as to why it is so hard to fill up the tank. Its exactly the same size as the VH tank but internally has a weird setup for the return line.Hate lowlifes that want to steal cars. I leave mine most nights parked in my yard behind a 6 foot fence with 2 cattle dogs waiting.

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
yep mines now parked in the yard in front of the falcon under a tarp till I get some money to fix it if they want a car they can take the ford and not my baby

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Yeah was told of the breather pipe being blocked so I looked and its not blocked.So any other ideas as to why it is so hard to fill up the tank. Its exactly the same size as the VH tank but internally has a weird setup for the return line.Hate lowlifes that want to steal cars. I leave mine most nights parked in my yard behind a 6 foot fence with 2 cattle dogs waiting.

Bad news about the mongrels trying to steal it. Great they didn't get away with it, but often the damage they cause is almost as bad....

Really only the breather hose will cause you fill problems as it's the hose that allows the air out of the tank as you fill. You really need to drop the tank down to check if the breather hose is kinked. It usually kinks between the tank and the floor panel, where it passes through the hole in the subframe and you won't see that unless you drop the tank down a couple of inches.

Have you tried blowing through the breather hose ?
You should be able to blow through the hose with no effort at all. If it requires any sort of effort, then there's a problem