Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs hsv ss driving lights not working

dangleninnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss hsv 185
gday everyone.. i have a vs ss commodore.. it has the driving lights in the front bar...they dont turn on from the switch at the dash?? the switch at the dash light doesnt come on...i guessed its cos its not completing the circut... iv tried it wit ign on lights on high beam,but no go.. i unplugged the wires to each light and tested for power...BOTH wires on both plugs have power with or without ignition or switch on?? shudnt one be an earth?? im very new to the site and have just got the ss so im not familiar with them yet..any help might be valuable..thanx ppl...dan

John_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina LS1
when you checked for power at the plug did you run one cable of the multimeter to earth and one to the plug? if you tested the wires by running both multimeter cables to the plug and then flipping the pos and neg cables around its going to look like you have 12v at both wires. sounds to me like blown globes.

dangleninnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss hsv 185
yeah i had the negative on the earth of the battery... and both wires in both plugs lit the test light...i was going to check the globes out but havent figured out how to get them out as it was getting dark by then... i thought maybe cos there was no light on the dash on the switch...it might not be the globes but hopefully so...how do i remove them? il have to check them out tomorrow..thanx mate...dan

dangleninnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss hsv 185
i just went and mucked around with the lights ...it seems to be the contact in the switch in the dash...it must have had some dirt in there as now after a bit of movement the lights work again!!

John_ls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina LS1
at least you got it sorted. i would be replacing that switch.

dangleninnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss hsv 185
yea ay...good to have a v8 again,havent owned one since my 12 second torry in the late 90s early 2000s...ive been rotary mad since then..still rotary mad but holdens r still a soft spot for me...im glad to own a hsv vehicle and such a clean one too...its a keeper!