Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS indicators not working

sandykins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but I went and bought my son a vs commodore. He decided to replace the dash facia that surrounds the instrument panel (old one was gold and VERY annoying when the sun hit it) BUT he didn't disconnect the battery first :( Anyway, Mum to the rescue, well trying.
Problem started after he replaced facia, said he had a flat battery, recharged it then indicators wouldn't work.
His tail lights weren't working either. I fixed the tail lights (one bulb actually looked like the contact was melted???), but still no indicators.
Replaced Hazzard switch and indicator stalk, plus flasher unit, still to no avail. :(
He had a tow bar on the back, old trailer wiring harness is sort of hanging, so going to disconnect that today, heard that it could cause problems with wiring in the car.
Anything I am missing? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

sandykins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Crisis solved lol I didn't realise to check to see whether my darling son had put switches back in correct order lol he plugged the hazzard switch into the aircon connection :( stupid me, should have checked that first :(
Oh well, he needed a new indicator stalk as his wasn't turning itself off after turning a corner :)
I only paid $800 for the car 3 months ago, after replacing new struts actually totally new front end, fuel filter etc, so say about $3000 all up he pretty much has a new car now :) Now just gotta bleed the air out after replacing the thermo last night and she'll be right to go and I get my car back :) woohoo

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My indicators have stopped and the hazard switch is fine, my switch is in the middle of the dash so not sure if that changes anything. Wipers are working fine. Ruled out fuse. What else could it be, indicator stalk?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Update my indicators have started working again after leaving it for an hour. Fault is intermittent obviously. Does this suggest the issue more likely to be the stalk above anything else?