Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS lowered cv joint problem

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
VS commodore sedan v6,auto Calais
Mate brought a vs it was already sitting on ultra lows , im told because its so low the CV joint will continue to break. is there a way to fix this problem ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Replace the CV. As the car gets lower, the wheels get dragged inward and negative camber increases. This puts a lot of strain on the CV bearings.

The only real way to fix it is to raise it or put a spacer in between the diff and the CV shafts.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
Replace the CV. As the car gets lower, the wheels get dragged inward and negative camber increases. This puts a lot of strain on the CV bearings.

The only real way to fix it is to raise it or put a spacer in between the diff and the CV shafts.

No worries thanks

Disturbed_vegeta

I'd Prefer To ROAR!
Reaction score
Website
Www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Hsv Senator, VX SS, VZ SS Ute 6L, K9 GSXR1000
ive had my car for 5 years and since ive had it its been sitting on teins which are lower than sssl's and the only problem is the cv boots tore, apart from that i havent seen any further damage to any commodore ive seen. Although ive heard that the increaced camber will push the axels hard into the diff which will evenually break it but ive yet to see it happen.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yes its common for the boots to tear which in turn throws out the grease, which is bad for them causing premature wear.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Ive had my VS since 1999. Its been sitting on ultra lows since about 2002. Its been through many different engine combo's. Its had a 3.9:1 diff in it for about 10 years. Its been supercharged and ran high 12's with about 30 passes. Its now twin turbo putting out a fair bit of power. Ive NEVER changed the drive shafts ever.