Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs manual wiring diy proper harness

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
hi,
after much research I have found most people are just rewiring the speedo straight from the dash on
the vr vs t5 v6 manual conversion when using the auto loom and computer.
This has been causing stalling issues.

The only solution for vs was too get a manual wire harness and t5 manual comp.
or for vr get a vn vp loom and comp but still doesn't get speed sensor?

I have found apart from the reverse lights switch and neutral safety switch and auto trans plug the major diffence is the speedo wire has 3 for manual 2 for auto

The auto speed signal uses pins d5 and c6 on the ecu plug connector
and the manual speed signal input to the ecu is d2 so the wire which has currently being bypassed to the dash needs to go to the d2 pin then teamed up with a vs manual t5 ecu to prevent stalling and engine light issues.

I fitted the d2 wire in the plug myself using 1 of the old auto pins i removed from the ecu then soldered, ran through the big grommit along the firewall to trans than to the speed sensor.
Its relitively easy to remove/ install the pins. i had trouble with afew and found afew quite easy, theres 2 holes for each pin, 1 where the pin sits in and 1 next to it. I found it easiest to loosen the pin from where it sits to the side of the hole, try lift it to the centre of the whole with a precision screw driver than push down on the pin through the hole.

also the black wire on the speed sensor needs to be earthed
and the power feed on the manual loom is fuse 12 which also feeds the maf sensor power.
and the auto loom taps in and feeds the trans solenoids.

this needs to be tapped into the pink wire blue stripe which runs from the connector on the drivers side of the engine bay

also on the auto harness pin f16 also feeds the iat and the auto trans temp i beleive to be an earth.
this needs to be cut from where it taps in to the auto harness so its only feeding the iat sensor.

this info i beleive is correct and i have done this today, so when i get a man t5 vs ecu i will be able to check

So hopefully this will give my comp and dash a speed signal and prevent any issues with stalling
and save some coin on buying the manual vs v6 loom just need the comp for it to run factory.
And hopefuly spome1 else can do the same to fix there vs manual conversion with auto comp/loom and get proper readings.

this might not seem like a big deal but I want to know my car is perfect. not half assed stalling and throwing up fault codes.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
this is how everyone wires there conversions ready for vs manual ecu

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
wont work digger the 2 speedo sender units send different kind of signals the manual ecu can not understand the auto and and vice versa

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
There is a plug that sits up beside the ECU on the VS commodore on there you will find a purple and white wire cut this wire ONLY on the dash wiring side not the side that plugs into ecu or will not work and solder the purple and white wire to the wire you just cut. I also soldered another wire to this wire and ran that to D2 on the manual ECU. Then with the pink wire i ran this through a fuse to an accessories feed, i used cigarette lighter, then earthed the black wire. On the you will find where the T-Bar plugs in you will find four wire 2 grey and a green and pink, the green and pink wire they go to your reverse light switch and the two grey wires have to be earthed out together, this will overide the auto loom and you are able to start car in any gear.

This does work, i done this today and have no engine light dramas, and speedo DOES work, for now anyway.
I also have here a manual ECU if interested ash pm me and let me know. I got photos here and will put up a thread tomorrow step by step instructions for those interested.

Shaun c

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs equip
If I just bridge c5 to d2 will that stop stalling issues on deceleration