Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Senator Roof lining

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
Hello all

I need to replace/repair the roof lining on my HVS Senator VS11. I know this is a common thing for this year of car, my sisters VR and my Dad's VN had to get it done.

I am more concerned with getting an exact match on the factory roof lining. The Senator has a 'dimpled' pattern in 3 sections. I tried one of the roof lining guys that my Dad used. He couldn't do this exact match and offered a very close colour match.

I am guessing the VS Calais would have the same roof lining? Anyone know how or where I can get the original lining replaced? I wonder if Holden would stock it as a spare part?

Maybe I am just being fussy and shouldn't worry about it. I do like to keep things original where possible.

Thanks,

Subway

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Hello all

I need to replace/repair the roof lining on my HVS Senator VS11. I know this is a common thing for this year of car, my sisters VR and my Dad's VN had to get it done.

I am more concerned with getting an exact match on the factory roof lining. The Senator has a 'dimpled' pattern in 3 sections. I tried one of the roof lining guys that my Dad used. He couldn't do this exact match and offered a very close colour match.

I am guessing the VS Calais would have the same roof lining? Anyone know how or where I can get the original lining replaced? I wonder if Holden would stock it as a spare part?

Maybe I am just being fussy and shouldn't worry about it. I do like to keep things original where possible.

Thanks,

Subway

I'd ring around a few wreckers, and see what they have, but failing that I'd be speaking to some quality auto trimmers, they should be able to get something either the same or VERY close. You could try Holden spare parts, but with the VS being the age that it is, I would find it highly doubtful that they would stock the lining, as its not that common a part as say an oil filter etc. They probably could make a killing if they did stock them, as it seems to be an extremely common problem with the VS these days!

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
I'd ring around a few wreckers, and see what they have, but failing that I'd be speaking to some quality auto trimmers, they should be able to get something either the same or VERY close. You could try Holden spare parts, but with the VS being the age that it is, I would find it highly doubtful that they would stock the lining, as its not that common a part as say an oil filter etc. They probably could make a killing if they did stock them, as it seems to be an extremely common problem with the VS these days!

nah i asked the other day and they saids they dont make them anymore

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
The 3 dimpled sections u r talkin about is the actual roof mould itself.
U can replace it yourself have a look in the how to section theres a whole thread on there on it. Or u'll have to go to an upholsterer.

Subway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Senator 5.0
Thanks for the replies and info.

I got the roof lining replaced professionally. I was dissapointed the dimple effect didn't show through. Not sure why, I saw the mold and it had the dimples, I guess the foam hides it.

I dunno how the original lining showed the simple effect...

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Thanks for the replies and info.

I got the roof lining replaced professionally. I was dissapointed the dimple effect didn't show through. Not sure why, I saw the mold and it had the dimples, I guess the foam hides it.

I dunno how the original lining showed the simple effect...

How much did you get charged for the work and were they able to match up the material with the original?

My guess why you didn't get the dimple effect is becuase the original lining had a thin backing of foam attached to the lining. The retrimmers may have attached thicker foam and then lining over the top.